- Shareholder meetings
- Dividend information
- Historical dividends
- Dividend calculator
The Companies Act (No. 71 of 2008) requires every company to hold an annual general meeting (AGM) every year. This affords shareholders an opportunity to put questions to the members of the Barloworld board and senior executive management.
Business usually dealt with at the annual general meeting includes –
- the receiving and acceptance of the company’s annual financial statements, including the directors’ report, the report of the auditors and the report of the audit committee for the past year;
- the election or re-election of directors retiring by rotation;
- the election or re-election of the audit committee members;
- appointment of external auditor;
- approving the remuneration policy; and;
- dealing with special business of which due notice has been given such as the repurchase by the company of its own shares or financial assistance or an amendment to its memorandum of incorporation.
General meetings, other than annual general meetings, are held for consideration of matters requiring the approval of shareholders which cannot be left over until the next annual general meeting.
On a show of hands, every ordinary shareholder who is present in person or by proxy at the AGM will have one vote and on a poll, every ordinary shareholder will have one vote for every ordinary share held.
Annual general meeting (AGM) 12 February 2020
Transfer secretaries – South Africa
Link Market Services South Africa (Proprietary) Limited (Registration number 2000/007239/07) Rennie House, 13th Floor, 19 Ameshof Street, Braamfontein, 2001, (PO Box 4844, Johannesburg) Tel: +27 11 630 0000
Registrars – United Kingdom
Equiniti Limited, Aspect House, Spencer Road, Lancing, West Sussex, BN99 6DA, England Tel: +44 190 383 3381
Transfer secretaries – Namibia
Transfer Secretaries (Proprietary) Limited (Registration number 93/713), Shop 8, Kaiser Krone Centre, Post Street Mall, Windhoek, Namibia (PO Box 2401, Windhoek, Namibia) Tel: +264 61 227 647
The dividend is declared and paid out in Rand for the holders of ordinary shares.
Barloworld declares dividends semi-annually in May and November respectively.
Dividend and special dividend declaration
Total dividend number 182 of 297 cents (gross) per ordinary share in respect of the 12 months ended 30 September 2019 has been declared subject to the applicable dividends tax levied in terms of the Income Tax Act (Act No. 58 of 1962)(as amended) (the “Income Tax Act”). In addition, the group has declared a special dividend of 228 cents per share for the 12 months ended 30 September 2019 subject to Exchange Control approval. A further announcement will be released once the Exchange Control approval has been obtained.
In accordance with paragraphs 11.17(a)(i) to (ix) and 11.17(c) of the JSE Listings Requirements the following additional information is disclosed:
- The dividend and special dividend has been declared out of income reserves;
- Local dividends tax rate is 20% (twenty per centum);
- Barloworld has 212 692 583 ordinary shares in issue;
- The gross local dividend amounts are 297 cents per ordinary share for the dividend and 228 cents per ordinary share for the special dividend;
- Payment date, Monday, 10 June 2019
- The net dividend amount are 237.6 cents per share for the dividend and 182.4 cents per ordinary share for the special dividend.
In compliance with the requirements of Strate and the JSE Limited, the following dates are applicable:
Dividend declared Friday, 15 November 2019
Last day to trade cum dividend Tuesday, 7 January 2020
Shares trade ex-dividend Wednesday, 8 January 2020
Record date Friday, 10 January 2020
Payment date Monday, 13 January 2020
Share certificates may not be dematerialised or re-materialised between Wednesday, 8 January 2020 and Friday, 10 January 2020, both days inclusive
A new South African (SA) dividends tax was introduced on 1 April 2012. The dividends tax replaces secondary tax on companies; tax on dividend will now be paid by the shareholder.
|Declaration date||Ex-dividend date||Record date||Payable date||Amount|